August 3, 2010

Roll-Out..


I want all of our assembled here to give Odie a huge golf clap! No, I mean really give it up for him; he's a freaking creative genius!

Some time ago, Odie did that stunning logo -- Left Coast Resistance -- and made it available to whomever wished to use it. In my case, Odie had to walk me through the blogger designed so I could post the damn thing -- and I write software for a living, so be afraid, be very afraid.

Anyway, a small seed was planted a while ago and I pitched Odie on the prospect of putting up a site where we could all unite and shriek our anger at the mounting iniquities we bathe in daily.

Sometime this morning, as the sun was peeking over the green hills of Northern California, Odie put the Left Coast Resistance Site on the air. And it's a pretty decent job, if I do say so!

Decent? Hell, it's bloody marvelous.

And here's how it works: There are so many good friends here who pass by all of our sites and leave truly wonderful comments -- in addition to the absolutely stunning work they do on their own sites -- that we wanted to create one site where they could cross post.

The idea is to make it an aggregator site with as much shameless blog-whoring as could be stuffed into HTML and CSS.

We are limited by the mechanics of invitation; you have to be added by essentially someone who is -- in computer parlance -- a control operator. And we are still feeling this out. We'll get it squared away when -- well -- we get it squared away. But if you are interested, don't hesitate to ask to be added. For a start you can contact me at The War Planner (it's an e-mail link).

Right now, I am working on this post, talking with Odie, talking with LCR, trying to e-mail folks to ask them if they want an invite, and generally, going crazy.

I'm just spitballing here, but if I had to characterize the editorial policy for the LCRez site, I'd say it will be (1) ad hoc, (2) kept within the bounds of good taste, (3) conservative in nature (but..?), (4) not limited to the Left Coast, (5) open to anyone who is interested in participating, and, speaking to that last point, (6) participants must have an existing blog that displays an effort to adhere to the previous five points.

I'd better stop because, knowing my garrulousness, I'd end up with ten points and that might get conflated with commandments.

If I could distill all of this into concept it would be that of the rising tide lifting all boats. Some of us will gain notoriety from our blogging efforts -- some already have -- and it is hoped by mingling our posts amongst the great and near-great something will rub off before their initial appearances on Hannity's Great-Great-Great American Panel or their stammering like a gibbering idiot during a Fox News Sunday interview with Chris Wallace.

So here's to a contact high of immortality..

..and I gotta rush; e-mails to send, posts to write, the phone is ringing, and my glass is empty..

..kisses; ciao, baby; have your people call my people and we'll do lunch sometime.

-30-

5 comments:

  1. I for one, will not give Odie the clap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi War Planner. I got the invite via your great email. I'm happy you thought of me to include. I have the beautiful logo right at my top sidebar!

    Odie does such great work with inventing Blog sites, etc.
    I've been MIA a few days, but will catch up and write a blog post about this when I get the OK from you.

    PS: Don't stress out to much getting everything together, it looks super now and I'm happy to be in such great company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LL, thank you, Oh what am I missing?

    Bunni, I'll have to check LCRez mail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new blog looks fabulous. It is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Supi, you're not gonna ex-scape from this! Send me an e-mail at thewarplanner (at) gmail (dot) com when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete