July 24, 2011

Cracks, Part III

Quickly, as I have an AN/URM-25D to repair today.

It seems that our boy, THE POUTUS, is not only getting it from the right, but the far left as well:
Recently, President Obama has faced fire from many in his own base for endorsing unpopular proposals that would include regressive cuts to Social Security in order to win a hike in the debt ceiling. Today, while appearing on Thom Hartmann’s radio show, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) — who, while being an independent, caucuses with the Democrats — said that one way progressives can make sure Obama does not enact huge cuts to major social programs is to run a primary challenger against him. Sanders told a listener who called in to protest a debt ceiling deal that cuts Social Security that such a challenge would be a “good idea” .
Sanders opines:
Brian, believe me, I wish I had the answer to your question. Let me just suggest this. I think there are millions of Americans who are deeply disappointed in the president; who believe that, with regard to Social Security and a number of other issues, he said one thing as a candidate and is doing something very much else as a president; who cannot believe how weak he has been, for whatever reason, in negotiating with Republicans and there’s deep disappointment. So my suggestion is, I think one of the reasons the president has been able to move so far to the right is that there is no primary opposition to him and I think it would do this country a good deal of service if people started thinking about candidates out there to begin contrasting what is a progressive agenda as opposed to what Obama is doing. [...] So I would say to Ryan [sic] discouragement is not an option. I think it would be a good idea if President Obama faced some primary opposition.

Probably the only time I will ever agree with this  Vermont Commie. Hat tip to Jazz Shaw over at Hot Air for this.

ADD CRACKS: Today,  The Chicago Jesus sits at -21 points on the RAZ DT and is 45% approve. Still at 45%? can you say Bradley Effect, boys and girls?

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment