March 7, 2011

Take a seat..

From my friend, 1LT Bill, newly of Squadron 68, CAP/USAF Auxiliary, comes this novel -- even fun -- way to pay your taxes:

Dear Internal Revenue Service:

Enclosed you will find my 2010 tax return showing that I owe $3,407.00 in taxes. Please note the attached article from the USA Today newspaper, dated 12 November, wherein you will see the Pentagon (Department of Defense) is paying $171.50 per hammer and NASA has paid $600.00 per toilet seat.

I am enclosing four (4) toilet seats (valued @ $2,400) and six (6) hammers valued @ $1,029), which I secured at Home Depot, bringing my total remittance to $3,429.00.

Please apply the overpayment of $22.00 to the "Presidential Election Fund", as noted on my return. You can do this inexpensively by sending them one (1) 1.5 inch Phillips Head screw (see aforementioned article from USA Today newspaper detailing how H.U.D. pays $22.00 each for 1.5" Phillips Head Screws). One screw is enclosed for your convenience.

It has been a pleasure to pay my tax bill this year, and I look forward to paying it again next year.

Sincerely,

A Satisfied Taxpayer

If this keeps up, each April 15th could be an interesting time of year.

-30-

2 comments:

  1. Perfecly governmental of you--I love it. However they are one step ahead of us as usual. If the government shuts down the IRS will open our checks but they will not send out any refund checks. It's their money after all right?

    ReplyDelete