September 20, 2010

Bring it on!

The NY Times (via Drudge) reports to day that the Obama administration is plotting a slamfest against the Tea Party movement:

 WASHINGTON — President Obama’s political advisers, looking for ways to help Democrats and alter the course of the midterm elections in the final weeks, are considering a range of ideas, including national advertisements, to cast the Republican Party as all but taken over by Tea Party extremists, people involved in the discussion said.

White House and Congressional Democratic strategists are trying to energize dispirited Democratic voters over the coming six weeks, in hopes of limiting the party’s losses and keeping control of the House and Senate. The strategists see openings to exploit after a string of Tea Party successes split Republicans in a number of states, culminating last week with developments that scrambled Senate races in Delaware and Alaska.

As this post's headline implies, I can't wait for this idiot and his clown troupe to start such follies. They are clueless about the calculus of this whole thing by characterizing the Tea Party sentiment as right-wing extremism. Ironically, former president -- and serial-dress-soiler -- Clinton almost nails it when he says people are pissed and that's why there's a Tea Party movement:

On CBS' "Face the Nation," Clinton said many Americans were bitter that banks and other "people who caused these problems" had recovered while ordinary people had not.

"There is a general revolt against bigness," he said.

Clinton said that in the Republican Party, this translates to an insurrection against big government instead of big business. He questioned, though, if the Tea Party wanted to roll back initiatives such as healthcare reform, Wall Street oversight reform and student-loan reform.

"I don't know where they stand but I get why they're popular," the former president said..

The NYT link? Are you serious? No way I am paving the way for that rag's hits. Go to Drudge or dig it up yourself.

-30-

3 comments:

  1. There's no doubt but what barack hussein obama (who is also apparently denying his role as the most important Muslim in office in America as of last week) wishes that the Tea Party had simply remained mute. The only way to deal with the rabble is to demonize them.

    I clicked the link and reported myself to whitehouse.gov back when they wanted to know if anyone was "fishy". They never got back to me to personally demonize me and I felt a bit slighted. Then I found out that something like 5 million other Americans did the same thing. Today it would be 100 million Americans. Such is the charm and appeal of barack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi War Planner! The clown car has crashed! I'm happy you enjoyed my post and video's. I found the funniest one that I posted on "comment thingy" while you were commenting too , so you might have missed it! Have a chuckle.

    I nominate your comment as the "spot on comment of the day".
    His fluffers are revolting, but not nearly as revolting as he is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bunni..

    Thanks! You're a sweety! I'll go back there and look. I wish we could get "LL" to blog; he's always got something interesting to say. We could get him onto LCRez.

    ReplyDelete