July 3, 2010

Hits and misses..

Once more, a treacherous work schedule and my innate bad manners conspire to delay an expression of gratitude and joy at meeting one of our lot. I had a fantastic time sharing my experiences and opions with Lipton T. Bagg of the Viewed from the Right blog. Of course that's not his real name, it's a sobriquet, a nom de plume, an alias. But the soul behind that is solid, interesting, and well worth knowing.

That said, it is through the most obscene stroke of fortune that he and I are a veritable stone's throw apart form each other; even more exciting that we are both proximate to my favorite watering hole Silky Sullivan's.

(Hey, Lipton, it's got its own web site!)

I moved to Fountain Valley, California from up near Cypress, California about 18 years ago and, truth be told, my reasons for purchasing my current domicile included the fact that it was walking distance from Silky's. Although I have availed myself of that convenience only one -- a St Patrick's Day bask where Old Betsy was left in the lot and I used Shank's Mare to return to the domicile. Interesting story, that. Remind me to tell you some time.

But I digress.

Anyway, we enjoyed a couple of hours out of the blazing Southern California sun and searing afternoon 72 degree temperatures, sipping beer, talking politics and swapping tales of our misspent military careers..

..well, mine, anyway. You see, from all accounts and reaching behind the modesty, Lipton was a hero, a veteran who gave of himself to help his comrades in service to their country. But I am not sure how much he would like me to share with you so I will leave it at that. You want to find out more, then let's get together, knock back a few Guinesses, and chew the fat.

Anyway, in the course of our conversation, LTB tipped me to a bloggers convention in Las Vegas and the end of this month which excites me no end. So now I am busy getting un-busy for that soiree; it'd be excellent rubbing elbows with the luminaries and common folk of a like. Needless to say, it would get us charged up for the final sprint this Fall.

As LTB threatened over on his site, Opie of MAInfo.com, LCR, and a number of other bloggers are within hailing distance of us here in SoCal and it would be also good to get together face-to-face once in awhile.

..developing.

2 comments:

  1. Now don't forget we'll meet on my next trip to "HELL" (SoCal some call it now). I can't wait to meet new friends and say hello to ones I meet last time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Fountain Valley! I grew up just on the other side of the ditch from Plavan Elementary School.

    ReplyDelete