July 3, 2010

Co-opted from The Illustrated Conservative site, the root article about Daley and the other Chicago butt wipes who apparently got all worked up about the SCOTUS pissing on their little handgun regulation (emphasis added):

CHICAGO – The Chicago City Council on Friday approved what city officials say is the strictest handgun ordinance in the nation, but not before lashing out at the Supreme Court ruling they contend makes the city more dangerous because it will put more guns in people's hands.

The new ordinance bans gun shops in Chicago and prohibits gun owners from stepping outside their homes, even onto their porches or in their garages, with a handgun. It becomes law in 10 days, Corporation Counsel Mara Georges said.

The vote comes just four days after the high court ruled Americans have the right to have handguns anywhere for self-defense — a ruling that makes the city's 28-year-old ban on such weapons unenforceable.

"I wish that we weren't in the position where we're struggling to figure out a way in which we can limit the guns on our streets and still meet the test that our Supreme Court has set for us," said Alderman Toni Preckwinkle, minutes before the council voted 45-0 to approve the ordinance
.

These petulant city councilmen (45 of them?) thought they would show the SCOTUS some disdain by severely limiting the usage of handguns in one of the most inartfully crafted gun restriction bills around. I am no attorney let alone a constitutional scholar, but I don't think you can restrict a right, can you? I mean, isn't that kind of like syaing to someone they have the right of free speech but cannot take that right to the street and not even out to the front porch or garage?

What. A. Crock.

In response, let's see if I can make possibly the most offensive and repugnant comment one could possibly make on this subject -- to any of the liberal, bleeding-heart, wimpy, handwringers who may stop by here.

Anyway, you know you've arrived when you spend the evening in the garage cleaning guns with your son as I did with "Lance" -- my 20-year-old E-3 USMC reservist son -- who was taking his dad to school on firearms, reloading, cleaning and maintenance, and facts in general about things that go bang and make holes in bad people.

He told me that he will be saving his reserve pay for a Sig this Winter.

I told him that would be a foolish move since he has a loving father, Christmas on 25 December, and his birthday on the following January 6th. He does not know how much fun it's going to be for me to go shopping with him for that pistol. My only regret is that we cannot be doing it in Chicago just to give a big Foxtrot Uniform to Daley and that scummy crowd.

..also, I just started gathering the parts for my AR-15: optics, bull barrel, and an MOA the size of Schwarzenegger's nuts. I want a tack-driver that reaches out and touches a felon's heart at 300 yards -- even with a sclerotic old ex-USAF officer at the controls.

So, there, Daley and you peter-pumping city council members, restrict this:

5 comments:

  1. >you know you've arrived when you spend the evening in the garage cleaning guns with your son

    Guns have become one of my bonding topics with my sons (and even with my daughter, who can blast a pretty good hole in the center of mass). My wife is the only one that isn't a gun person, but she's a ninja, so she'll use throwing stars and all that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no interest in guns until people started banning them. Then I wanted some so I could sit back and let those M Fers try and take them. Before Obutt was elected (pre-2009) the amount of guns sold in the country was 2,500,000 per year. In 2009 a record of 14,000,000 were sold ... Is this a great country or what? I've gotten really good with my Ruger GL100 357 Mag. I can put 6 rounds in an apple at 40 yards, so come and take it you f**ing Libs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chicago politicians are wringing their hands and howling. And thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ladies and gents,

    I started out on this road when Tom Sellick got ambushed by that fat gort, Rosie O'Donnell on her show. I was so furious I bought an NRA membership and posted it on my office window. One of my co-workers came by and asked if I'd like to "put that card to good use" to which I said, "Of course!"

    I got into small-bore shooting -- A Ruger slab-sided target pistol, a CZ bolt action, the ubiquitous Ruger 10-22, and a Remington 597 with a bull barrel.

    Then I made the fateful mistake of watching Band of Brothers and began lusting after The M-1 Garand of which I now own two: an original H&R and a Springfield Armory Greek repatriation that I had restored by Dean's Guns Restorations and which my son, The Good Lance Corporal, keeps fit and zeroed.

    As Charleton Heston said, Opie, "Cold dead hands, cold dead hands.."

    ReplyDelete
  5. ..by the way, if any of you yearn for an M-1 of your own, look into the CMP -- or Civilian Marksmanship Program. Wa-a-a-a-a-y better than the newly minted Springfield Arms present day knock-offs and real pieces of history!

    ReplyDelete