So here's something interesting. Pretend you're a semi-lofo citizen and really are dithering or on the fence for Trump but could go either way. You wake up one morning, go over to Yahoo.com, and check your email. Only to get hit in the face with the bucket of icy cold water above.
While I don't have to break it down for you, I will. (Good like that, I am.)
(1) New York Daily News says America is primed to Dump Trump.
(2) Trump unfavorably received at Al Smith dinner.
(3) Pity party pile-on for poor Hillary at the hands of her evil, mean security detail.
We all know how the media is in the tank for Hillary and are ever-sharpening the long knives and on the prowl for Donald J. But this is just the normal, everyday, innocent browsing that folks like us do and, it turns out, all of us have to swim through the river of sewage just to make our appointed rounds.
So, unwinding this:
(1) It's a NY Daily News editorial; an expression of opinion by a paper who does not love The Donald:
Even so, it's pretty slanted and the hatred is over the top. Of course, similar enmity exists for Clinton but I doubt a major paper of record would allow their venom to spill out so abundantly.
(2) Actually, Trump's appearance was pretty well liked for its jokes and good humor. In fact a CNN video lined up both his and Clinton's barbs and and both gave as good as they got. And, let's face it, that's what the Al Smith dinner is all about: bitter political rivals relaxing and unwinding with ribs and and pokes.
Doubt me? Here's W and Al Gore during the bitter 2000 campaign -- WHERE GORE WAS QUESTIONING THE RESULTS OF THE ELECTION. Note the "viciousness" of W's jokes re the sleepover in the Lincoln bedroom.
(And, speaking of all this, I'd like to find out more about the woman in the red dress and opera gloves to Trump's right with the immense ear rings and the immenser cleavage. I wonder what's so interesting on her smart phone?)
(3) Boy, this is rich! Here's a nice summary of how she regards those who toil to keep her safe by Deroy Murdoc. ("Actually, she IS a nasty woman" in the Jewish World review.)
Want more? Get a copy of Gary Byrne's book on the subject, Crisis of Character. Otherwise, get out your water wings and paddle, citizen. Time to navigate the 'brown mile'.
Hillary Clinton's "treatment of DS agents on her protective detail was so contemptuous that many of them sought reassignment or employment elsewhere," according to a just-released summary of an FBI interview with a former Department of State official. "Prior to CLINTON's tenure, being an agent on the Secretary of State's protective detail was seen as an honor and privilege reserved for senior agents. However, by the end of CLINTON's tenure, it was staffed largely with new agents because it was difficult to find senior agents willing to work for her."
Clinton's DS agents are hardly the first to complain about her mistreatment.
"She derives pleasure from lording over other people who cannot do anything about it and who are less powerful than she is," author Ronald Kessler told Newsmax TV.
In fact, Clinton's well-documented history of profane, unhinged outbursts against those who work for her spans decades. (Warning: Clinton's vulgarity is presented here uncensored, to convey the full pain that she inflicted when she uttered these words.)
• "I'm not voting for Clinton," Air Force Staff Sgt. Eric Bonner posted on Facebook.
"It's because she actually talked to me once. Almost a sentence," wrote the Air Force K9 handler. "I got to do a few details involving Distinguished Visitors."
"One of my last details was for Hillary when she was Secretary of State," Bonner continued. "I helped with sweeps of her DV quarters and staff vehicles. Her words to me?
"'Get that fu--ing dog away from me.' Then she turns to her security detail and berates them up and down about why that animal was in her quarters. For the next 20 minutes, while I sit there waiting to be released, she lays into her detail, slamming the door in their faces when she's done. The detail lead walks over, apologizes, and releases me. I apologize to him for getting him in trouble. His words, 'Happens every day, Brother.'
"Hillary doesn't care about anyone but Hillary."