November 11, 2010

Waggish Veterans' Day thought..

Happy Veterans' Day to all those who have served this country. But my cynicism occasions this observation:

"Isn't this the day on which all of us veterans work so state and federal and bank and post office and DMV employees and teachers (and mainly their administrators) can have a paid holiday?"

You can quote me on that.



Supi said...

Yep. Happy Veteran Day to you. Thank you to you and your son.

The War Planner said...

..warn't nothin', ma'am.

The complaint I espoused above *really* does grind on me, though.

The Conservative Lady said...

Happy Veterans Day to the War Planner & Son. Thank you both for your service to our country.

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

TWP, I used to laugh (and bitch) about everyone but the veterans getting the day off too.