May 9, 2010

NorCal Edu-Speak Tool blathers on; blames right wing blogosphere..


NOTE: Here is a statement being read by some truculent grand high mucky-muck tool in the Morgan Hill school district concerning a recent apology by the principle of the Live Oak High School to the parents of the four kids who were suspended for wearing patriotic U.S. clothing -- including the flag -- during a recent Cinco de Mayo celebration.

Searing editorial comment to follow.

..I don't want to ruin a perfectly good Sunday afternoon dissecting this dildo's blame-the-right-wing-blogosphere diatribe. I'll save that for tonight after a couple of ounces of Glenfiddich.

If you have comments, let me hear them! I don't want to miss any other views on this. Also, channeling Allahpundit over at Hot Air, what does wearing purple-and-white clothes have to do with anything? Are they the colors of Lower Muldavia?

UPDATE: Screw the editorial. Why waste 10,000 words when a picture will do? Here's some illegal immigrants expressing their reverence and gratitude for being in the United States:

                                (Photo courtesy Bill Preston.)

Also, check back here to view the original clip and note how the Hispanic students -- the one's this edu-tool says were so cool about everything -- demanded an apology because of the transgressions of the Live Oak Five . What's up with that? Maybe you ought to spend a little more time in the Latino Studies programs eductating folks on the significance of Cinco de Mayo:

"While Cinco de Mayo sees limited significance and celebration nationwide in Mexico, the date is observed nationwide in the United States.."

UPDATE II: Regarding the searing editorial comment to follow later, here it is: Take your purple-and-white clothes, roll them up, and stick 'em where Los Suns don't shine!

4 comments:

  1. Cinco de Mayo's only importance to me is it gives me a reason to drink Margaritas and Coronas.

    I wonder what would happen if I went to Mexico and set off fireworks on July 4th! (before you say it, I know cinco de mayo is not their independence day)

    What day do the celebrate US heritage in Mexico?

    answer: Um they don't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hon. Mr. What,

    The sad thing is that many of the kids (esp. in the video) believe that 5 May is their independence day..

    ..or they do not know what the hell the fuss is all about.

    Of course, I got no problem with the celebration either. Have had some pretty good bashes on that occasion -- mostly in my youth in college (any excuse to party) and in the service (ibidem).

    But the exclusionary attitude of getting huffy about the American flag doesn't cut it. I got too many dear friends of Hispanic descent whom I adore and am glad to have them as guests in this country or as fellow citizens.

    Funny, though, they don't seem to have the attitude that they are owed anything except the opportunity to legally work and live here and be as exceptional as they can be..

    ..yada..yada..you know what I mean

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even want to know what this "Educator" is named by his mother; for now I'll just call him Sheissekopf; after the fantastic individual of Catch-22 fame.

    He seems either deluded, or just so filled with his own importance he doesn't know how far his head is up his own ass.

    You do not check in your constitutional rights at the door. I don't care what sort of papers they've signed (a part he omitted, ironically) but he can't act like judge, jury and executor of the will of the court because he serviced some union offical for the job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ..pretty insightful stuff; I checked your blog. It is among the more erudite I have seen -- as is your comment here.

    I appreciate your stopping by and will see to it that folks get steered over to your place. They need to read your piece on supply and demand.

    Thanks for stopping by and do NOT be a stranger.

    ~T.W.P.

    ReplyDelete