November 30, 2009

Game on!

The old guy on the left who looks like an itinerant sterno bum -- I wonder if there are any other kind? -- is Rajendra Pachauri, chairman of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.

He said yesterday that There is "virtually no possibility" of a few scientists biasing the advice given to governments by the UN's top global warming body, its chair said today.

Hey, old guy, get out your umbrella because the sh*tstorm is only beginning.

I have a programming assignment I have to complete this week, but when I get some time, I am going to take a look at the hacked data and some of the e-mails. Personally, I'd like to get a handle on the sloppy programming that some of those clowns did. (I never did have a high regard for Fortran programmers, anyway.)

If anyone else wants to contribute, offer technical comments and support, etc., the more the merrier.

Private correspondence can be sent to voyskapvo@yahoo.com if motivated.

DOUBLE PLUS UPDATE AND COMMON SENSE OBSERVATION: Ed Morrissey, one of the tireless hosts of Hot Air! hosted Kevin McCullough on his noontime show this afternoon and, among the subjects discussed, was this sack of crap CRU stink bomb. It turns out that my challenge/promise/pledge to get into this matter as a concerned private citizen/citizen programmer has been rendered moot because the CRU bozos have revealed that they no longer retained the underlying raw data from which they squeezed, cajoled, manipulated, and otherwise extorted their hocky-stick results:
"The data were gathered from weather stations around the world and then adjusted to take account of variables in the way they were collected. The revised figures were kept, but the originals — stored on paper and magnetic tape — were dumped to save space when the CRU moved to a new building."
The significance of this is rather obvious:
"It means that other academics are not able to check basic calculations said to show a long-term rise in temperature over the past 150 years. "
So, I guess the only thing that is left over are the data that they have crapped upon. So, this scientists' version of "the dog ate my homework" is kinda like like going to an IRS audit without all of the proper receipts. (Here's hoping they get a good stiff term for tax evasion.)

Anyway, Kevin McCullough makes the excellent point that, since they have discarded about two-three decades of raw data and with it their credibility, all of the Warmists should shut their big pie-holes until they amass another two-three decades of data to re-establish their shattered credibility.

..sure am looking forward to Algore sticking a sock in it until 2029, aren't you?

ANOTHER GRATUITOUS UPDATE: Ya gotta see this one. Hat tip to Hot Air!

8 comments:

  1. This guy may look like an itinerant sterno bum to you and me, but this is actually the official uniform for the manmade global warming intellectual elites.

    ...and this guy is a bit more polished than the rest of his ilk: he has no obvious signs of soy curd in his beard.

    Unrelated note: condolences to your Bruin fans out there who suffered yet another indignity at the hands of the USC Trojans. Where's Gary Beban when you need him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh*

    Running Coldwell Banker's world-wide operations in Chicago, actually.

    Can't comment on the old guy above, but all of the Bruins out here have their stones in an uproar after the TD bomb that Carroll had his guys throw with :44 seconds left on the clock. My take on it was that it was stupid but, if you're going to call a timeout, you'd better be ready to throw down and defend.

    Also, stupid SC coulda just fallen on the ball and been done with it. But they put it up for grabs. If there was an interception and run back, then the score would a been 21-14 with the possibility of an on-side kick, etc.

    Still it was a typical Trojan stupid move. Instead of running out the clock and magnanimously walking to midfield, gushing condescending platitudes to turn away wrath, Carroll chose to piss off Neuheisel and put himself on the most hated coaches list, replacing Digger Phelps. I think there is some kind of juvenile insecurity at work here. When he no longer dominates the PAC-10 or NCAA football, this will start to work on his and we might see him leaving SUC for "greener pastures" after a couple of indifferent seasons.

    Besides, this and the ungracious remarks afterward will be up on the locker room wall starting next August, mark my words. Also, CRN will be out recruiting with a vengeance to make sure Carroll's domination comes to an end.

    Count on a whole bunch of Bruin fans rooting for the Dux and Beaves over SUC next year..

    ..me among them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been a Duck my whole life, and an Oregon alum for over 20 years, and I have never seen it spelled 'Dux' before. I must be living under a rock.

    But yes, defeating USC is glorious, and they are real sh*tty losers. They pout like babies. I love to watch them, and wallow in my Schadenfreude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fredd,

    To be fair, it is a term I made up but don't take credit for; it's highly unoriginal. However, USC nicknames are largely garnered from my habitation of the Bruins Nation fan site. My personal favorite, of course, is University of Soiled Condoms for the image that conjures up.

    But I have to admit that BN denizens tend to be hyper-homers as well. Not toeing the party line and daring to dissent -- even the slightest -- may very well get one banned. Interestingly, there's a lot of libs over there but, to his credit, Nestor (the progenitor of the site) bans political discussion. The irony is that we (you and I) would probably be more comfortable talking politics with USC football fans.

    The prevailing mood after the 28-7 bomb was NOT to look at the whole picture and basically chase off those who are not 100% blue and gold. I am a die-hard Bruin fan but love to have a conversation with other folks who follow other teams.

    I mean, how obtuse does one have to be to NOT appreciate the Civil War coming up this Thursday? It's a first-first-first and it's the type of thing that PAC-10 fans should be happy about.

    Anything that shakes things up with SUC is great in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First-first-first is right. Who'da thunk that those two teams from that backwater state of Or'-a-Gone' would be playing for a spot in the Rose Bowl?

    Never in my lifetime.

    And just for the record, I'm still a Pac 10 guy in the end. Unless it involves my Dux or Beevs, I root for the Pac 10 in any and all bowl games (even the Huskies...shudder). That, and the best man at my wedding's son just graduated from UCLA after a full ROTC scholarship, we're proud of him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Strange that they "owned" the data in the first place. Who gave these a$$holes ownership of the world's temperature data?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Madame Opie,

    You know, I been in the IT biz for 40 years, and I cannot for the life of me figger out how someone dumps (or fails to transcribe) valuable raw data to a CD or two or even a USB drive or something.

    In fact , the more I think about it, the more I think that this amounts to willfull loss of the information.

    As I said in my comment, you pull that kind of bravo sierra with the IRS and you end up in Leavenworth for a stretch involving very carfeul showers.

    In any event, I hit a party with one o' them fruity, peace-creep Warmists, and their creds are shot to crap. Here's hoping that fat pig from Tennessee gets a terminal case of lock-jaw and has his lips pursed down to f/16 for about 20 years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fredd.

    Nogero Etats! The L.A. Times ran a pic of the NCAA championships form Ducky Drake statium back in the 70s and the winner of the 3,000 m. steeplechase was a runner from OSU. Except they flipped the negative by mistake and that's what the jersey said.

    Good on your bud's kid and here's hoping he has a good career. I regretted leaving the USAF except they wanted me to stat in Nebraska 0for my entire tour. It was so bad I volunteered for SEA!

    The great thing about the PAC-10 is that they will be strong next year and that means SUC will suffer. Send me a private e-mail and I'll give you a link to the litany of violations Pete Carroll is rolling up.

    The clock's ticking on him!

    ReplyDelete