August 5, 2010

NEW WP FEATURE: Hot Air! Comment of the Day..

I spend a lot of time browsing Hot Air! (You know, like Playboy, for the articles as much as for the pictures of babes like Palin, Bachmann, Haley, et al.)

And the comments are a real treasure trove of information and opinion -- often as trenchant as the articles themselves -- and sometimes way funny! As a disclaimer, please understand I strictly observe the golden rule of plagiarizing nothing on the internet without attribution lest it come back and byte me in my ample backside.

Anyway, with the preamble out of the way, in a post today about ADP's release of *their* payroll stats ("ADP report shows anemic private-sector job growth") relating yet another in a seemingly unending string of numbers, graphs, reports, data, and information pointing to the fact that everything the Democrats led by this blazingly incompetent boob in the Oval office (and his clown troupe, don't forget the clown troupe) is a total and abject failure.

Of course, the attendant comments by Hot Air! readers are droll, cynical, witty, sarcastic, angry, and yet mirthful. In what I'd like to be a semi-regular feature here, may I share with you the -- drum roll please -- Hot Air! Comment of the Day (emphasis added):

Grateful Americans should be thanking PBHO for this period of funemployment, a time to travel the world, start new hobbies, spend time with family, train a new pet, take bike rides, sit in a darkened room sipping from a bottle of Jack Daniels while staring at a loaded revolver on the coffee table in front of you.

This should be a joyous time. Losing your job and everything you own can be fun.

Bishop on August 5, 2010 at 9:54 AM

..sarcasm at its finest, in my opinion.

THE HITS JUST KEEP ON COMIN': Another milestone along the trail of tears that is Obama's recovery Summer: Retail sales “weak” in July:

With few exceptions, retailers reported weak sales for the month of July, as consumers continue to rein in spending amid an uncertain employment outlook and continuing fears that the economic recovery is slowing. …

The month is typically when retailer clear out summer merchandise and begin to kick off the back-to-school shopping season, which is the second busiest shopping time of the year behind the Christmas holidays. Parents and teens appear to be procrastinating, holding off back-to-school purchases until deeper price cuts hit later in the summer.

Also, with teen unemployment still high, many teenagers don’t have extra money to spend on clothing.

-30-

4 comments:

  1. I, too, spend a lot of time browsing Hot Air. Unfortunately, until they re-open registration, I'm left sharing my opinions on the articles with my martini or my cat. I do, frequently, send a link to friends/family along with my opinion.

    I love that you're going to be posting the Comment of the Day! I promise to not comment on the comments too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi WP: Comment of the day is off to a GREAT start.
    It's very funny, I'll just think of my time of forced exile as "Funemployment". It's fun to read some websites FOR the comments.

    IL the craptastic "shit me" state is giving a "sales tax Holiday" for 10 days of 5% less tax. woopie f-ing doo!" I do need a back pack, to store my emergency stuff for the coming. apopolcypse (sp)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now they report a 'mere 557,000' new unemployment applications this week. Man oh man. Good thing this asshole is focusing like a laser beam on jobs, jobs, jobs. Just think how much worse things would be if we didn't have this butthole in the Oval Office.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ..ya know, Fredd, I think I am going to pay closer attention to the ADP numbers rather than the BLS employment figured. Plainly, it's a pretty good indication of how many people are actually working instead of the funny games this administration plays to jimmy their "recovery" talking points.

    I mean, if you get a paycheck, you're employed; if you don't you're not.

    ReplyDelete