August 26, 2017

Woodsterman Stopped By Today..


Every once in a while, you cross paths with buddies from the past and, while the friends of this thankfully remote corner of the internet has had some, they are few but astonishingly faithful. At first when I started out in 2009 because we were saddled with that abortive Lawn Jockey POTUS, I fired this spot up in the hopes that there would be massive traffic and comments and it would become one of the watering holes for the old "New Right" standing up in defiance of the slime in D.C. that rule our pathetic lives.

At first there was hearty band of regulars -- who even met once in a while (all too infrequently) -- but as the Obama years dragged on, it dwindled down to three or four. LL is a rather good author and former member of an acronymed, clandestine organization who did mysterious things for our government off budget and in the dark. Under pain of death or broken kneecaps that's all I can say except that I am very grateful for his visits.

Fredd is an Oregon Dux fan and OU grad who comes by from time to time and we exchange banter about The Dux versus Da Brunze (I am a graduate of UCLA) and it's kind of fun. Although, to tell the truth, it's a school that muddles on athletically despite having a prime location (Los Angeles), a huge budget, superior facilities and stadium (they play their games in the rose Bowl, fer chrissakes) because their AD hires and keeps truly mediocre coaches. Thus the legend of the "gutty little Bruin", alive in my days of attendance, has transmogrified into B-class recruits who are under-coached and therefore underachieve. Case in point, this fall will be "Mora-the-same" with a 6-and-something season and an appearance in something like the The Inland Kenworth Tidy Bowl against some other 6-and-someting underachiever and it will be a snoozefest that UCLA will lose.

But I prattle.

Also in this minute assemblage is the redoubtable Woodsterman who stopped by today to "borrow" some my work. I bade him to help himself and was flattered. I mean, it was like Rembrandt asking me to provide some insight into how I achieved the lushly dark room interior effects in my paintings or Van Gogh borrowing a line from Shakespeare and asking me to "lend him an ear". (It's a joke..)

I wandered over to Woodsterman's blog (had not been there in a while) and rekindled my amazement of how truly and robustly funny it was. It is a raucous, undisciplined collection of images, bromides, memes, ribald humor, rife with innuendo and double entendre, downright risque humor with tantalizing, half-nekkid females. You get the drill. I shall be visiting more frequently once again now that retirement is hard upon the morrow.

I recommend you do the same. It's here!

I will leave you with a tame sample of his collection:


HER DIARY
Tonight I thought my husband was acting weird. We had made plans to meet at a bar to have a drink. I was shopping with my friends all day long so I thought he was upset at the fact that I was a bit late, but he made no comment on it.

Conversation wasn't flowing, so I suggested that we go somewhere quiet so we could talk. He agreed, but he didn't say much. I asked him what was wrong; he said, 'Nothing.' I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset. He said he wasn't upset, that it had nothing to do with me, and not to worry about it.

On the way home, I told him that I loved him. He smiled slightly, and kept driving. I can't explain his behavior. I don't know why he didn't say, 'I love you, too.' When we got home, I felt as if I had lost him completely, as if he wanted nothing to do with me anymore. He just sat there quietly, and watched TV. He continued to seem distant and absent.

Finally, with silence all around us, I decided to go to bed. About 15 minutes later, he came to bed. To my surprise, he responded to my caress, and we made love. But I still felt that he was distracted, and his thoughts were somewhere else.

He fell asleep - I cried. I don't know what to do. I'm almost sure that his thoughts are with someone else. My life is a disaster.

HIS DIARY:

The Harley wouldn't start today. Can't figure it out. At least I got laid.

Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment