March 6, 2016

Goodbye, Nancy


On this rainy and gloomy Sunday morning, it is reported that Nancy Reagan has passed away at 94.

I am sad for many reasons chief among them that she was a steadfast and good wife to a wonderful president and person. She was our last earthly link to Ronald Reagan. But, happily, she will now be with The Gipper for an eternity. My wishes are for both of them to have peace and happiness.

One of the nicer sentiments over a Hotas.net was expressed by this commenter:


Of course, fulfilling my destiny as designated turd-in-the-punchbowl, I weighed in with this tasteless observation:


..hey, you gotta go with your gut. And I weary of the sludge an grime and crap that now floats around in the toilet bowl that is D.C.

-30-

1 comment:

  1. Nancy Reagan was one of those charismatic people who made a real difference in her life. I admired her as I admired President Reagan. She brought class to a place that is now without any hint of class.

    ReplyDelete